Thursday, October 10, 2013

Great Black and White Photographers Part 3

1. Watkins photographs caught my eye because of how he was able to capture these amazing views. He traveled to all of these amazing places with spectacular views and then was able to position himself in what seems to me, the best view you could have gotten with a  view like that in almost all of his photos.

 
I see: Lots of trees hiding the rocky ground. I see a cliff out in the distance and valley in between the mountains. The clouds seem to be light and fluffy and the sun reflects off of everything standing tall.
I smell: The scent of cedar trees and pine cones. I can smell the trees bark falling into the ground where the pine needles lay. The scent of wood and cedar is overpowering the smell of the fresh air coming through the trees.
I hear: Birds chirping as the fly above the tree canopy and I can hear branches falling off of the trees in the distance as they hit the ground. I can hear woodland creatures move fast along the uneven ground.
I taste: Cold in my lungs as the cold air passes my by. I can taste the cedar on the tip of my tongue.
I feel: Bark of the trees near by roughly in my fingertips. I can feel the stickiness of the tree sap under my fingernails. I can feel the rough pinecone scratch my palm as I hold it tightly. 



















I see: Water and waves leaving the rocks on the shore. I see the free movement of the waves crash against the Earth. I feel the cold air hit my skin and give me goosebumps. 
I smell: Salty air and the trees cedar in the background. 
I hear: Waves crashing into the shore and small mammals in the distance playing. It is relatively quiet so I can hear the shutter of my camera quite well. 
I taste: Salt and water 
I feel: The cold water swallow my toes

No comments:

Post a Comment