Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sports/Action

PART 1: PORTFOLIOS
1. Travis Haughton
Some problems with Travis's pictures is that the judges do not like how some of the photos have back of the head shots, they do not like how some of the mergers in the photos make it seem like things are growing out of their heads, and they do not like how tight the frames are.
The judges like how Travis captured his sports action photos, keeping them realistic and true to the moment. They love how Travis had captured the sweet moments in his photo story.
I think that Travis did a really good job with making sure his lighting was great in all of his photos, but I agree with the judges in them saying that many of the photos had frames that were a little too tight.

2. The judges liked how everyone in the picture was occupied and included a lot of motion in the picture. I think that one of the strengths in this photo was really how there was a lot of motion in the picture and kept your eye moving. I think a weakness is that the angle isn't as good as I think it could have been.

3. The judges looked at every photo and then chose based off of what photos seemed most powerful to them. The judges also looked for the photos that weren't too overly edited and followed the story that the photographer was trying to convey.

PART 2: INDIVIDUAL IMAGES
1. I agree with the judges on the third photo. I think that the photo should have been zoomed in more to make the photo look more intriguing and that the photographer should have waited till the head made contact with the actual wave.

2. I love the first photo and how it makes the rest of the surroundings except the sled blurred making it seem lie your going really fast. I don't agree with how the judges think that the photo is framed "ok" because I think that if you had framed it any differently the photo would not be as intriguing.




No comments:

Post a Comment