Thursday, November 14, 2013

Self Portraits Part 1

Tip #1:
If you approach people in the right way, they'll usually be happy to have their picture made. It's up to you to break the ice and get them to cooperate. Joke around with them. Tell them why you want to make the picture. Practice with people you know so that you are comfortable; people can sense when you aren't.

Tip #2: 
Whatever it is, the setting provides information about people and tells us something about their lives. Seek balance between subject and environment. Include enough of the setting to aid your image, but not so much that the subject is lost in it.

Tip #3: 
However near or far your subject, however intimate or distant the gaze your camera casts, you always need to keep in mind the elements of composition and the technique that will best help you communicate what you are trying to say.


Environmental Pictures: 
I chose this photo because of the way the man is posing, he looks like he is genuinely minding his own business in his own environment. Im guessing this man was just sitting here on his break and was asked to have his photo taken which would rely on tip #1 more on the photographer. 

I chose this photo because the subject is still involved in the picture but it makes you wonder how he got up there and how the photo was created. The beauty of the background is also very phenomenal. 


Photography Self Portrait: 
I chose this photo because I love how the way the girls eyes seem to be the thing that keeps my eyes looking at instead of the interesting head gear she is wearing. 

I chose this photo because it is dark and mysterious looking. I love how the photo seems to be very dark but the girls facial expression looks like she is trying to escape whatever darkness has engulfed her. 


Casual Portrait:
I chose this photo because the boy is dressed in normal clothes and it looks as though the photographer positioned himself to make the photograph seem more appealing to the eye. 

I chose this photograph because this is a rare moment where you see Katy Perry just sitting in a natural environment, not dressed to her best, just smiling gently. 


Photo Shoot Planning: 
I would like to go to the greenbelt behind my house and take pictures of my friend Lindsey. The leaves are falling and have turned into beautiful golden colors so I think that the photographs would turn out good for a good example of environmental portraits. I plan to position myself in a spot where the background is visible but my subject is still the main focus of the photograph. 



No comments:

Post a Comment